The Society of Refugee Healthcare Providers offers several member benefits:
- Subscription to the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health: This is a $100 value and gives you on-line access to full articles and download to PDF.
- Access to our Listserv: There are over 2,000 subscribers to our Listserv. Messages go out several times a week and members can connect with experts in the field to discuss an unlimited number of refugee healthcare topics.
- Discounted registration for the North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC): The Society offers one hundred dollars off the registration fee for the NARHC. Sign-in as a member to receive your discount code.
- Member Only Content: As a member you can use the members-only portion of our website to access videos from the NARHC, educational tools, and U.S. NARHC presentations.
- Student and Trainee Abstract Competition: The Society awards the best and runner-up of an original research abstract submitted for presentation. The winning author and runner-up must present their abstracts at the conference. The winning author receives a $500 award from the Society in addition to a guarantee of publication in the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. The runner-up receives the publication opportunity and is awarded $250.
- Best Scientific Poster Presentation: The Society awards $250 for the “Best Scientific Poster Presentation” for the NARHC. This designation can be utilized by the awardee on their CV or resume.
- Refugee Scholarships: The Society facilitates the award of scholarships for previously resettled refugees working or training in the medical field to attend the NARHC.