The Society of Refugee Healthcare Providers offers several member benefits:
- Access to our Listserv: There are over 2,000 subscribers to our Listserv. Messages go out several times a week and members can connect with experts in the field to discuss an unlimited number of refugee healthcare topics.Discounted registration for the North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC): The Society offers $100 off the registration fee for the NARHC. Sign-in as a member to receive your discount code.
- Member-Only Content: As a member you can use the members-only portion of our website to access videos from the NARHC, educational tools, and U.S. NARHC presentations.
- Student and Trainee Abstract Competition: The Society awards the best and runner-up of an original research abstract submitted for presentation. The winning author and runner-up must present their abstracts at the conference. The winning author receives a $500 award from the Society in addition to a guarantee of publication in the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. The runner-up receives the publication opportunity and is awarded $250.
- Best Scientific Poster Presentation: The Society awards $250 for the “Best Scientific Poster Presentation” for the NARHC. This designation can be utilized by the awardee on their CV or resume.
- Refugee Scholarships: The Society facilitates the award of scholarships for previously resettled refugees working or training in the medical field to attend the NARHC.
- Mentorship program: Once a year, Society members can apply to be matched as mentors or mentees with other members and our Board. Mentorships are for a year and begin and culminate with in-person meet-ups at the NARHC.
- Committees: Society members are able to suggest topics of interest for potential Society committees, and are eligible to apply as members of existing committees. Read more about the Society’s first committee on Research, Evaluation, and Ethics.